Goya Foods has launched a new line of Fiesta Baked Beans in a variety of flavors.
With headquarters in Secaucus, New Jersey, Goya Foods is one of the world's largest Hispanic-owned food company. It's new flavors of baked beans are original, jalapeño, vegetarian and chipotle.
"We developed Goya Fiesta Baked Beans because nobody knows beans better than Goya and there is a market for Latin-infused flavors," said Joseph Perez, senior vice president of Goya Foods, in a press release. "According to studies, we found that over half of American households consume baked beans including African-Americans, General Market and Hispanics. Our products have generated a mass appeal among all nationalities that are looking for authentic, high-quality and affordable products."
Goya was founded in 1936 by Prudencio Unanue Ortiz (1886–1976) from Valle de Mena, Spain who emigrated to Puerto Rico. Ortiz purchased the name of a Moroccan sardine company named "Goya," which initially set up in the Financial District of Manhattan, importing Spanish foods like olives and olive oil.
Goya Foods currently produces more than 2,200 unique products.
The food company's new Fiesta baked beans are:
Original: Goya's creamy Navy Beans are mixed with savory pork, onions, mustard and spices, then baked with sweet molasses and brown sugar.
Vegetarian: Goya's tender Navy Beans are baked in a hearty, sweet-and-savory tomato sauce with brown sugar, garlic and spices.
Jalapeño: Goya's Black Beans in a mild jalapeño sauce blended with sweet red bell peppers, tender corn, oregano, and other Latin spices.
Chipotle: Goya's Red Kidney Beans in a savory tomato sauce with spicy chipotle peppers and sweet brown sugar.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia