What is it with North Texas reality/singing show alumni and Justin Bieber's
Boyfriend? First Fort Worth's Tim Halperin and Hayley Orrantia cover it, now
Duncanville-bred Idol alum Tim Urban takes his shot.
I'd call both covers tongue-in-cheek, but it's hard to sing this well with your tongue stuck in your cheek. Still, there's a certain amount of irony to both versions -- although once Urban hits high gear, irony goes out the window a little bit and the song gets good.
I posted about the (pretty hilarious) Halperin/Orrantia cover last week. Since then, Halperin (also from Idol) and Orrantia (X Factor) have received attention from The Hollywood Reporter and USA Today. Here it is again, for comparison with Urban's version.
I'm now waiting for former Arlington resident Todrick Hall, who was on Idol the same season as Urban, to do his own flash-mob cover. After all, he did this:
This is, by the way, more than I ever expected to writer about Justin Bieber.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status