As Mexico commemorates the Sesquicentennial Anniversary of Battle of Puebla, the Government of Puebla launched today an English website to inform visitors about the history, diversity and significance of Cinco de Mayo.
"The Battle of Puebla is a strategic victory for Mexico in stopping the French invasion and delaying the installation of Maximilian until 1864. It affirmed the legitimate government of President Juarez and assisted President Lincoln because it denied the Confederacy military assistance that could of changed the outcome in the US Civil War. This victory accelerated the expulsion of the French invader from Mexico," said Eric Rojo, Washington DC Representative, Cinco de Mayo Planning Committee.
Furthermore, Discovery en Espanol will air a documentary "Cinco de Mayo: Un dia de Gloria," directed by Mexican filmmaker Gerardo Tort that highlights the most decisive moments in the history of the Battle of Puebla with testimonies of renowned researchers and historians.
As part of the celebrations, the new and remodeled planetarium marks another great project on the eve of the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Puebla.
"The reopening of the magnificent planetarium includes an IMAX projector that provides for more than looking at the magnificence of space, and, soon will also be used to project films of the battle as part of the visitors center," added Eric Rojo.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana