Oscar de la Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, the first Hispanic-owned boxing promotional company, is partnering with FOX Deportes to expand the network's boxing content.
The deal will see one originally produced boxing event per month from the United States, which will also air on Fox Sports Net, along with live boxing events from cities throughout Mexico. FOX Deportes will also broadcast classic fights from Golden Boy Promotions' catalog.
"We are excited about our new partnership with FOX Deportes," said Oscar de la Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions. "This is another step in ensuring that fight fans around the world don't miss out on any of the great boxing action we present, both in the United States and Mexico. It's a very important move towards increasing viewership and knowledge of our great sport."
According to a joint announcement, FOX Deportes will broadcast two live boxing events per month from Mexico, featuring both established fighters and the next generation of stars.
De La Hoya retired as boxing's biggest star in April 2009. The "Golden Boy" finished his career with a 39-6 record.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women