Oscar de la Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, the first Hispanic-owned boxing promotional company, is partnering with FOX Deportes to expand the network's boxing content.
The deal will see one originally produced boxing event per month from the United States, which will also air on Fox Sports Net, along with live boxing events from cities throughout Mexico. FOX Deportes will also broadcast classic fights from Golden Boy Promotions' catalog.
"We are excited about our new partnership with FOX Deportes," said Oscar de la Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions. "This is another step in ensuring that fight fans around the world don't miss out on any of the great boxing action we present, both in the United States and Mexico. It's a very important move towards increasing viewership and knowledge of our great sport."
According to a joint announcement, FOX Deportes will broadcast two live boxing events per month from Mexico, featuring both established fighters and the next generation of stars.
De La Hoya retired as boxing's biggest star in April 2009. The "Golden Boy" finished his career with a 39-6 record.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya