Oscar de la Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions, the first Hispanic-owned boxing promotional company, is partnering with FOX Deportes to expand the network's boxing content.
The deal will see one originally produced boxing event per month from the United States, which will also air on Fox Sports Net, along with live boxing events from cities throughout Mexico. FOX Deportes will also broadcast classic fights from Golden Boy Promotions' catalog.
"We are excited about our new partnership with FOX Deportes," said Oscar de la Hoya, President of Golden Boy Promotions. "This is another step in ensuring that fight fans around the world don't miss out on any of the great boxing action we present, both in the United States and Mexico. It's a very important move towards increasing viewership and knowledge of our great sport."
According to a joint announcement, FOX Deportes will broadcast two live boxing events per month from Mexico, featuring both established fighters and the next generation of stars.
De La Hoya retired as boxing's biggest star in April 2009. The "Golden Boy" finished his career with a 39-6 record.
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS