The Heart Attack Grill lived up to its name--again. Last February, a customer at the Heart Attack Grill's in downtown Las Vegas suffered a heart attack while consuming the restaurant's "Triple Bypass Burger," an estimated 6,000-calorie sandwich. Last Saturday, a woman collapsed--apparently from a heart attack--at the restaurant while eating a "Double Bypass Burger" (as well as reportedly smoking cigarettes consuming a margarita). She was wheeled out of the Heart Attack Grill by paramedics and is now reportedly recovering.
The Heart Attack Grill revels in its unhealthy, on-the-edge attitude, with the owner, Jon Basso, describing his restaurant as "bad for you but fun" in a recent Los Angeles Times article. Heart Attack Grill provides customers that weigh more than 350 pounds with free meals; its slogan is "taste... Worth Dying For." The waitresses are in nurse outfits, and refer to diners as "patients." The restaurant's most-indulgent burger, the "Quadruple Bypass Burger," runs about 8,000 calories.
Blair River, a 6'8" and near 600-pound Heart Attack Grill spokesperson, died last year of pneumonia.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.