Aztec Oil & Gas Inc. announced today that Aztec Drilling & Operating LLC, the turnkey operator for all Aztec partnerships, has signed a contract for the drilling of 100-plus additional wells with working interest partner and field contract sub-operator Texas Secondary Oil Co., according to a news release.
"These wells are located in prolific Medina County, Texas -- more specifically, the Taylor Ina Field, where we have had good success and already have in excess of 100 wells," said Waylan Johnson, president of Aztec. "Our relationship with TSOC and Burch Downman (president and founder of TSOC) has proven to be very successful for both firms."
He continued: "When a company like Aztec gets the opportunity to partner with one of the largest oil producers in Medina County, who has extensive expertise in drilling, producing and operating shallow oil wells, the end result is very positive."
Aztec currently has two rigs drilling full time in Medina County, with plans to start a third.
Aztec is an oil and gas exploration, development and production company whose interests are diversified between development drilling and exploration drilling. When it offers drilling or production partnerships, it focuses primarily on Texas shallow, lower risk, development and step out oil wells, according to the release.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women