Aztec Oil & Gas Inc. announced today that Aztec Drilling & Operating LLC, the turnkey operator for all Aztec partnerships, has signed a contract for the drilling of 100-plus additional wells with working interest partner and field contract sub-operator Texas Secondary Oil Co., according to a news release.
"These wells are located in prolific Medina County, Texas -- more specifically, the Taylor Ina Field, where we have had good success and already have in excess of 100 wells," said Waylan Johnson, president of Aztec. "Our relationship with TSOC and Burch Downman (president and founder of TSOC) has proven to be very successful for both firms."
He continued: "When a company like Aztec gets the opportunity to partner with one of the largest oil producers in Medina County, who has extensive expertise in drilling, producing and operating shallow oil wells, the end result is very positive."
Aztec currently has two rigs drilling full time in Medina County, with plans to start a third.
Aztec is an oil and gas exploration, development and production company whose interests are diversified between development drilling and exploration drilling. When it offers drilling or production partnerships, it focuses primarily on Texas shallow, lower risk, development and step out oil wells, according to the release.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead