WILLISTON, VT -- (Marketwire) -- 04/20/12 -- American Meadows (www.americanmeadows.com), a leading online gardening retailer, today announced that it will run a Google Offer in honor of Earth Day. Starting today, gardeners who spend $5 will get $10 worth of a GMO-free wildflower mixture with over 50,000 seeds, specially designed for Google Offers in honor of Earth Day. The offer also includes two vegetable or herb seed packets. Click here (https://www.google.com/offers/home?utm_source=xsell&utm_medium=comarketingads&utm_campaign=am_hpbanner#!details//OGOQ84C6UAV3E91J) to buy the offer now.
In the spirit of planting, Google has launched an Earth Day resource page (http://www.google.com/campaigns/plantforearthday) featuring American Meadows. Visit the page to explore community gardens and farmers' markets on an interactive map, find planting tips, connect with other gardeners, and share photos of your blooming garden on Google+.
"The team at American Meadows was flattered to be chosen by Google for this unique partnership in support of Earth Day. We urge people to head outdoors and plant something to enjoy growing in their garden, cutting for a summer bouquet, or eating a fresh, delicious salad," said Ethan Platt, President of American Meadows.
With the Google Offer for American Meadows, not only will you have gorgeous wildflowers in your own backyard, but these flowers will also benefit the Earth and its inhabitants in many ways, including:
1. Grow, Don't Mow. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, more than 17 million gallons of gas are spilled each year from lawn equipment -- more than was spilled by the Exxon Valdez!
2. Invite Nature to Your Garden. Wildflowers attract pollinators such as bees that not only help to facilitate the reproduction of most flowers, but are also critical to the propagation of fruits and vegetables.
3. Flowers = Happiness. According to a Harvard Medical School study, flowers help reduce worry and stress and those who had fresh cut flowers in their home tended to feel happier and more enthusiastic.
4. Gardening is Great Exercise. Gardening not only provides exercise with activities such as digging, raking, and weeding, but can become a fun, energetic activity to share with your entire family.
5. Conserve Water. Wildflowers will tolerate dryer conditions than grass, meaning less watering for you and the environment!
For over 30 years, American Meadows' staff experts have offered one of the largest selections of wildflower seeds, vegetable seeds, flower bulbs, perennial plants and growing supplies, making them a trusted partner to gardeners across the country. Join Google (https://www.google.com/) and American Meadows (www.americanmeadows.com) in celebrating Earth Day by heading outdoors and planting something new. Whether it ends up in a vase or in your salad, you're going green and eating well.
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1956612
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=1956615
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For more information, please contact:
email: Email Contact
Most Popular Stories
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign
- Deficit Shrinks, Hiring Grows as Economy Improves
- Budget Deal Raises Deficit $41 Billion: CBO