Comedian Adam Sandler achieved an infamous first when his movie Jack and Jill swept the Razzie Awards, the booby prizes that single out Hollywood's worst.
In another first, Sandler "won" Razzies Sunday night for both worst actor and worst actress for the flick, in which he starred as both a successful family man and his identical twin sister.
The movie won all 10 trophies up for grabs, including worst picture, worst supporting actor for Al Pacino, worst supporting actress for cross-dressing David Spade, worst director for Dennis Dugan, worst screenplay and worst ensemble.
Dugan was recognized not only for his work on Jack and Jill but was given a joint Golden Raspberry for helming another Sandler picture, Just Go With It.
The awards night in Santa Monica, California, saw another two firsts as the Razzies, which have previously been awarded on the eve of the Oscars ceremony, got their own spotlight this year with a move to April Fools' Day.
Voting for the worst screen couple also was opened up to the general public for the first time on RottenTomatoes.com. Sandler in Jack and Jill again took the award, narrowly edging out The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1.
Sandler was nominated for a record 11 awards as actor, actress, writer and producer.
Sandler-founded Happy Madison Productions also made three of this year's nominees: Jack and Jill, Just Go With It and Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star.
The other nominees to escape the moniker of worst film of 2011 were Bucky Larson, New Year's Eve, Transformers: Dark of the Moon and the latest Twilight instalment.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza