On the heels of reigning as the No. 1 Hispanic cable network in prime time
among adults 18-49, according to Nielsen, mun2 unveiled its 2012-2013
programming lineup today.
The network will premiere "Jenni Rivera Presents: The Chiquis Project" -- one of generation YLA's (Young Latino American, 18-34) most vibrant personalities, whose adventurous life is constantly evolving in a uniquely American way, according to a news release.
The network also announced the Larry Hernandez project "Larrymania," a docu-reality series showing the aspirational and inspirational personality behind the Regional Mexican superstar, and "DUB Latino," a magazine show focusing on the car-culture passion and celebrity lifestyles of Latino entertainers.
"Mun2 has had its best ratings and revenue year ever in 2011, and this season we are on track to have our best season ever with double-digit growth in prime time among total persons and adults 18-34 viewers," said Diana Mogollon, general manager, mun2.
"At the core of mun2's success is our generation YLA audience -- one of the most sought-after influencer groups. We reflect and represent the new face of culture, language and lifestyle of the fastest growing audiences in entertainment and the U.S. -- Hispanic adults -- with a uniquely American approach," she added.
The network will also have the U.S. premiere of the telenovela "Ojo Por Ojo," which puts an accent mark on a very modern and urban Romeo and Juliet-themed storyline.
"Mun2 continues to provide our U.S. Latino audience relevant content regardless of language," Flavio Morales, senior vice president, programming and production, said. He added that "our 2012 programming lineup is a snapshot of the dynamic Latino experience today."
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low