Miami Free Zone Launches Recycling Initiative -->
The Miami Free Zone (MFZ) in Doral, Fla., has teamed up with Waste Services Inc. to foster more environmentally friendly operations. Waste Services will provide collection and processing services for the 850,000-square-foot facility, which should result in the removal of more than half a million pounds of debris from the waste stream.
MFZ expects the association will allow it to recycle approximately 221,000 pounds of cardboard, 166,000 pounds of plastic and 127,000 pounds of solid waste, according to a news release.
Other MFZ green initiatives include seasonal recalibration of its entire HVAC system and making its roof more energy efficient.
Related story: "Geothermal Heating System Draws on Limitless Fuel: Sewage"
MFZ, billed as the Trade Hub to the Americas, serves the international trade community of South Florida. It offers premium office, showroom and warehouse space in a secure business environment.
The facility processes more than $1 billion of inbound and outbound international transactions per year, and provides its users with benefits such as flexible control over foreign and domestic inventory, duty and tax savings, lessened regulatory requirements, and exemption from U.S. Customs duties on re-exported goods.
Waste Services is a multiregional solid waste services company.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal