It's too late for this year but Gary Busey has some tax advice you might use for next year.
"We wanted to hire someone who learned about paying taxes the hard way," Jimmy Kimmel, host of ABC's "Jimmy Kimmel Live" talk show, told his audience Tuesday.
So, of course, he said he hired former Tulsan Gary Busey, who filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy Feb. 7 and passed the online financial management course required by the U.S Bankruptcy court in March, to offer tips.
Tips that are "just a little too late" -- Midnight Tuesday was the deadline for filing 2011 taxes -- were supplied in two taped segments titled "Gary Busey's Tax Tips."
"Too much taxes can run you down to the ditch," said Busey, who starred in more than 70 films but ended up with assets that included five pairs of moccasins and 300 VHS tapes.
"And when you run yourself down to the ditch by paying too much taxes, you're going to bury yourself alive with the leaves that fall off trees in the fall."
Busey's tips also include how the Marquis de Sade was buried and, in a second segment, taking your 1099 form to Walmart, what to do with W2s when you file electronically and what you can do with inner tubes.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets