Beyonce Knowles finally joined Twitter (@Beyonce) and her first post was announcing that she is officially on line with a brand new website. She shares private photos of her and her family, including husband Jay-Z.
"Hey World, It's B! I'm so excited to invite you to my new http://beyonce.com - we've been working hard, and it's finally ready for you XO," Beyonce tweeted on April 5.
Beyonce also has written a public letter showingher admiration for the First Lady Michelle Obama.
"Michelle is the ultimate example of a tryuly strong African-American woman. She is a caring mother, a loving wife, while at the same time, she is the First Lady!!!! Michelle, thank you so much for every single thing that you do for us. I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to."
Obama got word of the letter and thanked her via her Twitter account. Any tweet from the First Lady and President Barack Obama is signed by their initials. Otherwise a tweet is sent via an Obama campaign staff member.
@MichelleObama: "@Beyonce Thank you for the beautiful letter and for being a role model who kids everywhere can look up to. –mo," Obama tweeted yesterday.
To read the entire letter, shown in Beyonc's handwriting, click here.
Beyonce already has more than 3 million followers and, surely, that number will rise to the likes of Lady Gaga and Shakira.
Related story: "Girls Rule Twitter's Top 10 Most Followed Accounts, Inlcudes Lady Gaga, Shakira and Selena Gomez"
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet