Beyonce Knowles finally joined Twitter (@Beyonce) and her first post was announcing that she is officially on line with a brand new website. She shares private photos of her and her family, including husband Jay-Z.
"Hey World, It's B! I'm so excited to invite you to my new http://beyonce.com - we've been working hard, and it's finally ready for you XO," Beyonce tweeted on April 5.
Beyonce also has written a public letter showingher admiration for the First Lady Michelle Obama.
"Michelle is the ultimate example of a tryuly strong African-American woman. She is a caring mother, a loving wife, while at the same time, she is the First Lady!!!! Michelle, thank you so much for every single thing that you do for us. I am proud to have my daughter grow up in a world where she has people like you, to look up to."
Obama got word of the letter and thanked her via her Twitter account. Any tweet from the First Lady and President Barack Obama is signed by their initials. Otherwise a tweet is sent via an Obama campaign staff member.
@MichelleObama: "@Beyonce Thank you for the beautiful letter and for being a role model who kids everywhere can look up to. –mo," Obama tweeted yesterday.
To read the entire letter, shown in Beyonc's handwriting, click here.
Beyonce already has more than 3 million followers and, surely, that number will rise to the likes of Lady Gaga and Shakira.
Related story: "Girls Rule Twitter's Top 10 Most Followed Accounts, Inlcudes Lady Gaga, Shakira and Selena Gomez"
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?