"American Idol" judge Randy Jackson made an announcement at the
end of Wednesday night's show.
"America, Elise is back," Jackson said after Kinnelon native Elise Testone, the last performer of the night, finished her song.
"You needed a moment and I think you got one tonight," Jackson told Testone before talking to viewers and voters once again. "America, please know, this girl is talented."
The Final 7 chose songs released in 2010 or later and Testone took on Lady Gaga's "You and I" in a pressure-filled week for the 28- year-old, who Jimmy Iovine said choked in a big opportunity last week.
"I think everything is banking on this performance," this week's mentor, singer Akon, said before Testone sang her solo.
She didn't choke this time.
For the second week in a row, Testone did a duet with Phillip Phillips. The two sang "Someone That I Used To Know" by Gotye and the judges raved about Testone's part of it.
Once again, Joshua Ledet had the performance of the night. Tonight on the live results show, one finalist goes home -- or the judges use their save. Hollie Cavanagh and Testone were in the bottom three last week.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses