"American Idol" judge Randy Jackson made an announcement at the
end of Wednesday night's show.
"America, Elise is back," Jackson said after Kinnelon native Elise Testone, the last performer of the night, finished her song.
"You needed a moment and I think you got one tonight," Jackson told Testone before talking to viewers and voters once again. "America, please know, this girl is talented."
The Final 7 chose songs released in 2010 or later and Testone took on Lady Gaga's "You and I" in a pressure-filled week for the 28- year-old, who Jimmy Iovine said choked in a big opportunity last week.
"I think everything is banking on this performance," this week's mentor, singer Akon, said before Testone sang her solo.
She didn't choke this time.
For the second week in a row, Testone did a duet with Phillip Phillips. The two sang "Someone That I Used To Know" by Gotye and the judges raved about Testone's part of it.
Once again, Joshua Ledet had the performance of the night. Tonight on the live results show, one finalist goes home -- or the judges use their save. Hollie Cavanagh and Testone were in the bottom three last week.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column