Shock and horror gripped 30 Rock fans Wednesday when Alec Baldwin, 54, tweeted that he's dumping NBC after an infuriating run-in with a news crew from NBC's Today.
Alec was splenetic when journos camped out at his New York digs following the arrest of alleged stalker Genevieve Sabourin outside. The actor felt he was ambushed by Today when he and fiancee Hilaria Thomas stepped out.
"A story about stalking sure brings out the stalkers in the media," he tweeted. "But, the Today Show?"
Alec seemed disgusted that the show was there "alongside the other stalkers from the tabloid press" and concerned that "no one from NBC contacted me" before coming over. He concluded, "I think I'm leaving NBC just in time."
A Today insider tells TheWrap.com a reporter, who was shooting a segment outside Alec's place, happened to ask the actor for comment, "as any reporter would. When said no, the crew left."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Senate Not So Keen on Budget Deal
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia