Shock and horror gripped 30 Rock fans Wednesday when Alec Baldwin, 54, tweeted that he's dumping NBC after an infuriating run-in with a news crew from NBC's Today.
Alec was splenetic when journos camped out at his New York digs following the arrest of alleged stalker Genevieve Sabourin outside. The actor felt he was ambushed by Today when he and fiancee Hilaria Thomas stepped out.
"A story about stalking sure brings out the stalkers in the media," he tweeted. "But, the Today Show?"
Alec seemed disgusted that the show was there "alongside the other stalkers from the tabloid press" and concerned that "no one from NBC contacted me" before coming over. He concluded, "I think I'm leaving NBC just in time."
A Today insider tells TheWrap.com a reporter, who was shooting a segment outside Alec's place, happened to ask the actor for comment, "as any reporter would. When said no, the crew left."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women