Tim Tebow, NPR, Spotify, Pinterest, Mashable, Take This Lollipop, Twitter and Kenny Powers MFCEO were nominated for Webby Awards in New York Tuesday.
Also up for awards recognizing the best of the Internet are The New York Times, The New Yorker, National Geographic, Wired Magazine, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Kiva, Change.org, HBO GO, "106 & Park," Google+, Funny or Die and CollegeHumor.
Winners are to be announced May 1 and the prizes will be handed out by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences at a ceremony May 21 at Manhattan's Hammerstein Ballroom.
Stand-up comedian, writer and actor Patton Oswalt will be the event's host and the program will be streamed live at webbyawards.com
"The nominees mirror this incredible year on the Internet, from memes to viral videos to cultural movements and extraordinary creativity," David-Michel Davies, executive director of the Webby Awards, said in a statement. "IADAS has distilled the best and most innovative work on the Web and we look forward to celebrating at this year's ceremony in May."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women