Tim Tebow, NPR, Spotify, Pinterest, Mashable, Take This Lollipop, Twitter and Kenny Powers MFCEO were nominated for Webby Awards in New York Tuesday.
Also up for awards recognizing the best of the Internet are The New York Times, The New Yorker, National Geographic, Wired Magazine, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Kiva, Change.org, HBO GO, "106 & Park," Google+, Funny or Die and CollegeHumor.
Winners are to be announced May 1 and the prizes will be handed out by the International Academy of Digital Arts & Sciences at a ceremony May 21 at Manhattan's Hammerstein Ballroom.
Stand-up comedian, writer and actor Patton Oswalt will be the event's host and the program will be streamed live at webbyawards.com
"The nominees mirror this incredible year on the Internet, from memes to viral videos to cultural movements and extraordinary creativity," David-Michel Davies, executive director of the Webby Awards, said in a statement. "IADAS has distilled the best and most innovative work on the Web and we look forward to celebrating at this year's ceremony in May."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up