Emma Thompson is in talks to star in a new movie as the author
who created magical nanny Mary Poppins, according to reports.
U.S. actor Tom Hanks, 55, is in negotiations to play Walt Disney, who spent 14 years wooing P.L. Travers to sell the film rights to her story.
The film will tell the true story of the making of the 1964 film, which starred Dame Julie Andrews as the English nanny. Travers was unhappy with the hit film, particularly the animated sequences.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party