Emma Thompson is in talks to star in a new movie as the author
who created magical nanny Mary Poppins, according to reports.
U.S. actor Tom Hanks, 55, is in negotiations to play Walt Disney, who spent 14 years wooing P.L. Travers to sell the film rights to her story.
The film will tell the true story of the making of the 1964 film, which starred Dame Julie Andrews as the English nanny. Travers was unhappy with the hit film, particularly the animated sequences.
Most Popular Stories
- Sutherland Responds to 'Unprofessional' Jibe
- Business Leaders Set for CHCC Convention
- Twitter's Stock Rises on Stellar Revenues
- DishLATINO Wins Hispanic TV Award
- Ebola Outbreak Strikes Fear in Minnesota
- Judge Orders Kurdistan Oil Seized
- Beyonce Seen Apartment Shopping in NYC Without Jay Z
- Is California Going to Land Tesla's Battery Plant?
- U.S. Consumer Confidence at Strongest Since 2007
- U.S. Home Price Gains Slow for 6th Month in a Row