Emma Thompson is in talks to star in a new movie as the author
who created magical nanny Mary Poppins, according to reports.
U.S. actor Tom Hanks, 55, is in negotiations to play Walt Disney, who spent 14 years wooing P.L. Travers to sell the film rights to her story.
The film will tell the true story of the making of the 1964 film, which starred Dame Julie Andrews as the English nanny. Travers was unhappy with the hit film, particularly the animated sequences.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder