Emma Thompson is in talks to star in a new movie as the author
who created magical nanny Mary Poppins, according to reports.
U.S. actor Tom Hanks, 55, is in negotiations to play Walt Disney, who spent 14 years wooing P.L. Travers to sell the film rights to her story.
The film will tell the true story of the making of the 1964 film, which starred Dame Julie Andrews as the English nanny. Travers was unhappy with the hit film, particularly the animated sequences.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up