Emma Thompson is in talks to star in a new movie as the author
who created magical nanny Mary Poppins, according to reports.
U.S. actor Tom Hanks, 55, is in negotiations to play Walt Disney, who spent 14 years wooing P.L. Travers to sell the film rights to her story.
The film will tell the true story of the making of the 1964 film, which starred Dame Julie Andrews as the English nanny. Travers was unhappy with the hit film, particularly the animated sequences.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women