"The Big Lebowski" co-stars Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore have begun work on "Seventh Son," the Hollywood fantasy action film's producers said.
"The Big Lebowski," a big-screen comedy by Joel and Ethan Coen, has developed a cult following since its release in 1998.
Its stars have reunited for "Seventh Son," which began shooting last month in Vancouver, British Columbia, under the direction of Sergei Bodrov, Warner Bros. said.
Bodrov helmed the Oscar-nominated foreign-language films "Mongol: The Rise of Genghis Khan" and "Prisoner of the Mountains."
Co-starring in "Seventh Son" with Bridges and Moore is Ben Barnes, a cast member of "The Chronicles of Narnia" films.
"In a time long past, an evil is about to be unleashed that will reignite the war between the forces of the supernatural and humankind once more," a synopsis said. "Master Gregory is a knight who had imprisoned the malevolently powerful witch, Mother Malkin, centuries ago. But now she has escaped and is seeking vengeance."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity