Mark Lenzi, the last U.S. male diver to win Olympic gold, has died. He was 43.
Lenzi's mother told The Free Lance-Star in Fredericksburg, Va., that her son had been hospitalized for two weeks after suffering fainting spells.
Lenzi won the 3-meter springboard at the 1992 Barcelona Olympics and won bronze four years later at Atlanta. He spent 2009-11 as the diving coach at East Carolina.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills