El Paso beat Buffalo-Niagra, N.Y., by 466 votes Tuesday in Facebook voting to advance to the next round of competition for cities vying to host the November Social Media Tourism Symposium, or SoMe.
The symposium, in its third year, draws about 250 people.
El Paso had 8,175 votes, and Buffalo-Niagra had 7,709 votes in the two-day Facebook voting.
The El Paso Convention and Visitors Bureau's symposium bid now goes to round three, beginning at 10 a.m. Monday. El Paso will face the winner of the Knoxville, Tenn.-Cleveland matchup, which ends today.
To vote Monday, El Pasoans can go to facebook.com/SoMeTourism and "like" it, and then follow directions to vote.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data