The tests are over--let the cheese-powdery eating begin! Taco Bell's latest taco, the Doritos Locos Taco, is a bit of a Frankenstein creation, even debuting on Wednesday at the stroke of midnight. Taco Bell's Doritos Locos Tacos merge one of America's favorite chip brands, Doritos, with Taco Bell's signature offering, the taco. Simply, the taco shell is a giant Doritos chip, containing the usual Taco Bell taco goodness (ground beef, lettuce, cheese) inside its crunchy, orange-dusted shell.
Doritos Locos Tacos are available at Taco Bell restaurants nationwide with a suggested retail price $1.29; a Doritos Taco Supreme is available for a suggested $1.69 and includes reduced-fat sour cream and diced tomato. The two types of Doritos Locos Tacos nutrition scores come in at 170 calories/9 grams of fat and 200 calories/11 grams of fat respectively. The Doritos Locos Tacos are also available "Fresco Style," shaving some of the calories and fat off; these versions are 140 calories/7 grams of fat for the regular and 150 calories and 7 grams of fat for the Supreme.
The Doritos shell of the Doritos Locos Tacos are "Nacho Cheese" flavor, but the company says it plans to roll out a "Cool Ranch" version in the fall.
Taco Bell Corp. is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., (NYSE: YUM).
Frito-Lay North America, the maker of Doritos, is a unit of PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP).
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World