Funny Or Die announced today the launch of its first digital magazine for iPad, "The Occasional." The magazine, available now on Newsstand on the App Store, features original content, interviews, multi-media, games and other interactive components.
"We are really excited to expand the Funny Or Die experience to Newsstand and iPad," said Dick Glover, CEO of Funny Or Die. "Comedy comes in different shapes and sizes, and through this medium our creative team came up with truly innovative content that is a great addition to the Funny Or Die universe. It is funnier than hell for fans, users, readers and whomever else goes to the App Store."
With over 25 pieces of original content, "The Occasional" is a magazine not simply to be read but experienced. Features include, celebrity interviews, political commentary, movie reviews and plenty of new comedic twists on conventional magazine themes like "Who Wore it Better," and a children's audio book, "Who's Hollering for Harry" with sound effects by Marc Maron. There is also an exclusive episode of Funny Or Die's award winning series, "Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis." Contributors to "The Occasional" include Funny Or Die co-founder, Adam McKay, Tom Lennon, and Jon Daly, among others. FIAT is the official sponsor of the premiere issue.
Readers have the option of purchasing a per issue subscription for $1.99 (6 issues, bi-monthly) or an annual subscription for $9.99, available conveniently through In-App Purchase on the App Store. Readers will have a new issue delivered to their Newsstand every other month featuring the latest new cover art. Single issues are also available for $3.99 through In-App Purchase.
The Funny Or Die "The Occasional" App is available for free from the App Store on iPad or at www.itunes.com/appstore.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women