Aside from President Obama and Justin Bieber, the top 10 most followed Twitter accounts belong to the ladies.
Launched on July 15, 2006, Twitter opens the communication lines and creates equal balance between average folks, celebrities, politicians and everyone in between. Along with Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn, it's one of the top five used social media websites available. There are more than 350 million users on Twitter.
And here are your top 10:
Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) 20,270,494 followers
Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) 18,176,013 followers
Katy Perry (@katyperry) 15,817,696 followers
Shakira (@shakira) 14,618,174 followers
Rihanna (@rihanna) 14,589,554 followers
Britney Spears (@britneyspears) 13,707,481 followers
Kim Kardashian (@KimKardashian) 13,704,561 followers
Barack Obama (@BarackObama) 12,874,381 followers
Taylor Swift (@taylorswift13) 11,504,045 followers
Selena Gomez (@selenagomez) 10,762,221 followers
Twitter founders are Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Evan Williams and Biz Stone. Twitter Inc. is based in San Francisco, with additional servers and offices in New York City. Twitter generates more than 300 million tweets and handling over 1.6 billion search queries per day.
And girl tweeters rule.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women