U.S. television personality Vanessa Lachey is pregnant, her husband, singer Nick Lachey, announced on "Live! with Kelly" Monday.
He told Kelly Ripa the news while serving as guest co-host of the morning program.
Vanessa is due to deliver late this summer or early fall, he said, adding they don't know the baby's gender yet.
"I've had a chance to do a lot of great things in my career and my life but this is the one thing that, more than any other, I look forward to. The fact that it's actually here, it's overwhelming," Nick Lachey said.
The couple married last July after dating for several years.
Lachey's ex-wife, singer-actress Jessica Simpson, is also pregnant with her first child. She is engaged to former NFL player Eric Johnson.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- Budget Bargain Elusive as Time Runs Out