U.S. television personality Vanessa Lachey is pregnant, her husband, singer Nick Lachey, announced on "Live! with Kelly" Monday.
He told Kelly Ripa the news while serving as guest co-host of the morning program.
Vanessa is due to deliver late this summer or early fall, he said, adding they don't know the baby's gender yet.
"I've had a chance to do a lot of great things in my career and my life but this is the one thing that, more than any other, I look forward to. The fact that it's actually here, it's overwhelming," Nick Lachey said.
The couple married last July after dating for several years.
Lachey's ex-wife, singer-actress Jessica Simpson, is also pregnant with her first child. She is engaged to former NFL player Eric Johnson.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property