U.S. television personality Vanessa Lachey is pregnant, her husband, singer Nick Lachey, announced on "Live! with Kelly" Monday.
He told Kelly Ripa the news while serving as guest co-host of the morning program.
Vanessa is due to deliver late this summer or early fall, he said, adding they don't know the baby's gender yet.
"I've had a chance to do a lot of great things in my career and my life but this is the one thing that, more than any other, I look forward to. The fact that it's actually here, it's overwhelming," Nick Lachey said.
The couple married last July after dating for several years.
Lachey's ex-wife, singer-actress Jessica Simpson, is also pregnant with her first child. She is engaged to former NFL player Eric Johnson.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Ballmer Files Six-Figure Counterclaim vs. Steve Gordon
- Creepers! Microsoft Buys 'Minecraft' Maker for $2.5 Billion
- Hispanic Buying Power Slow but Growing in South
- Back to School, Even in Immigration Jail
- Apple: Record iPhones 6 Orders on 1st Day
- Is a Mayweather, Pacquiao Big-Money Fight Possible?
- Clinton: 'Fabulous to Be Back' in Iowa
- U.S. Factory Output Slowed 0.4 Percent in August
- 'No Good Deed' Defeats 'Guardians' at Theaters
- DOJ Launches Program to Thwart U.S. Extremists