1920 -- Authors F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre, in New York City. The couple was married before a small wedding party in St. Patrick's Cathedral. The pair soon became infamous for their alcoholism, often ordered to leave hotels for their drunkenness.
2001 -- Actress Brooke Shields and writer Chris Henchy, on Catalina Island, Calif. Their wedding was a surprise to close family and friends who thought they were attending a dinner party. Shields wore a long white Vera Wang wedding dress, as the couple recited their vows and exchanged rings in the small civil ceremony.
1992 -- Entertainer John Tesh and actress Connie Sellecca, in Beverly Hills, Calif. Sellecca wore a $30,000 beaded silk satin dress that had a 15-foot train and 40-foot skirt. 270 Guests attended their nuptials. The couple honeymooned in Hawaii.
2008 -- Rapper Jay-Z (Shawn Carter) and singer Beyonce Knowles, in New York City. The couple had a small and intimate wedding ceremony with close family and friends. It was followed by a lavish reception at Carter's apartment in Tribeca, for which more than 50,000 white orchid blooms were flown in from Thailand. Celebrity guests included former Destiny's Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and the couple's friend Gwyneth Paltrow.
1987 -- "Karate Kid" Ralph Macchio and nurse Phyllis Fierro. Macchio and Fierro met through Macchio's grandmother when the couple was teenagers. They have two children together, Julia and Daniel.
2003 -- Actor Russell Crowe and singer Danielle Spencer, in Nana Glen, Australia. The bride wore a lace Armani gown. The groom wore Armani as well. The couple married on Crowe's 39th birthday during a three-day celebration at his 560-acre cattle farm in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women