1920 -- Authors F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre, in New York City. The couple was married before a small wedding party in St. Patrick's Cathedral. The pair soon became infamous for their alcoholism, often ordered to leave hotels for their drunkenness.
2001 -- Actress Brooke Shields and writer Chris Henchy, on Catalina Island, Calif. Their wedding was a surprise to close family and friends who thought they were attending a dinner party. Shields wore a long white Vera Wang wedding dress, as the couple recited their vows and exchanged rings in the small civil ceremony.
1992 -- Entertainer John Tesh and actress Connie Sellecca, in Beverly Hills, Calif. Sellecca wore a $30,000 beaded silk satin dress that had a 15-foot train and 40-foot skirt. 270 Guests attended their nuptials. The couple honeymooned in Hawaii.
2008 -- Rapper Jay-Z (Shawn Carter) and singer Beyonce Knowles, in New York City. The couple had a small and intimate wedding ceremony with close family and friends. It was followed by a lavish reception at Carter's apartment in Tribeca, for which more than 50,000 white orchid blooms were flown in from Thailand. Celebrity guests included former Destiny's Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and the couple's friend Gwyneth Paltrow.
1987 -- "Karate Kid" Ralph Macchio and nurse Phyllis Fierro. Macchio and Fierro met through Macchio's grandmother when the couple was teenagers. They have two children together, Julia and Daniel.
2003 -- Actor Russell Crowe and singer Danielle Spencer, in Nana Glen, Australia. The bride wore a lace Armani gown. The groom wore Armani as well. The couple married on Crowe's 39th birthday during a three-day celebration at his 560-acre cattle farm in Australia.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Reynolds, Lorillard in Merger Talks