With passage of the "crowd funding" JOBS Act allowing individuals to make small investments in new businesses, one of the first stock exchanges is forming in Boulder, Colo., that will start by providing funding and incubation for growing companies.
SSX: The Story Stock Exchange is taking positions in the most promising new ideas to create a portfolio of listed projects -- those too small for venture capital or bank financing, but with tremendous potential for average investors and job generation.
In exchange for future equity participation in its portfolio projects, the SSX team provides custom programs and service combinations which may include seed funding; business and capital formation; management and sales counsel; investor relations and digital marketing services.
The incubation process will lead to the development of an equity pool of "story stocks." This qualitative mutual fund approach is designed to work in concert with today's Internet-based crowd funding platforms such as FundingLaunchpad.com and Kickstarter.com that enable fluid, high-quantity individual investments to be placed directly within a large patchwork of capital-hungry businesses.
Most Popular Stories
- Updates on Everglades' Stranded Pilot Whales
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Ford Mustang Still Packs Power
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Elizabeth Warren Ends 2016 Presidential Rumors