Buffalo, N.Y., is one of four cities on four continents to be honored Friday as models of energy efficiency leadership by the Alliance to Save Energy and the Southeast Energy Efficiency Alliance at the EE Global Forum in Orlando, Fla.
Buffalo, particularly the Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus, received the Americas Award for creating a five-year energy innovation and economic development plan for the campus and surrounding residential community that integrates energy efficiency, grid modernization, alternative transportation and renewable energy.
The other award winners were Masdar City, United Arab Emirates; Melbourne, Australia; and Tuebingen, Germany.
The Alliance to Save Energy is a group of business, government, environmental and consumer leaders who promote efficient and clean use of energy.
Most Popular Stories
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Record Yearly Profit for Ryanair
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?