"Princesitas," a new series on Discovery Familia, takes viewers deep into the high-stakes world of children's beauty pageants, showcasing the intense preparation that is required and exploring the motivations of many of those involved. The series premieres on April 5, and will air on Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
The series showcases the rigorous aspects of pageant life, including some of the intense preparation that is required. From hair and nail appointments, to finishing touches on gowns and suits, to numerous coaching sessions or rehearsals, each child preps exhaustively for each performance.
Each week, the audience will see the drama increase and unfold as pageant day grows near, and will meet some of these extremely competitive moms and dads as they work feverishly to prove that their child deserves to win.
Related story: "Angola's Leila Lopes Reigns at Miss Universe Pageant (VIDEO)"
Part of Discovery Communications, the Spanish-language network Discovery Familia is dedicated to the Hispanic mom and her kids, her home and her well-being.
With programming targeted to children age 2-6, the network's daily Discovery Kids block provides a safe, entertaining and curriculum-based co-viewing experience that helps preschoolers get ready for the real world. Each night, Discovery Familia covers topics ranging from cooking and home improvement, to parenting and relationships, to beauty and health.
PR Newswire contributed to this story.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs