"Princesitas," a new series on Discovery Familia, takes viewers deep into the high-stakes world of children's beauty pageants, showcasing the intense preparation that is required and exploring the motivations of many of those involved. The series premieres on April 5, and will air on Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
The series showcases the rigorous aspects of pageant life, including some of the intense preparation that is required. From hair and nail appointments, to finishing touches on gowns and suits, to numerous coaching sessions or rehearsals, each child preps exhaustively for each performance.
Each week, the audience will see the drama increase and unfold as pageant day grows near, and will meet some of these extremely competitive moms and dads as they work feverishly to prove that their child deserves to win.
Related story: "Angola's Leila Lopes Reigns at Miss Universe Pageant (VIDEO)"
Part of Discovery Communications, the Spanish-language network Discovery Familia is dedicated to the Hispanic mom and her kids, her home and her well-being.
With programming targeted to children age 2-6, the network's daily Discovery Kids block provides a safe, entertaining and curriculum-based co-viewing experience that helps preschoolers get ready for the real world. Each night, Discovery Familia covers topics ranging from cooking and home improvement, to parenting and relationships, to beauty and health.
PR Newswire contributed to this story.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women