"Princesitas," a new series on Discovery Familia, takes viewers deep into the high-stakes world of children's beauty pageants, showcasing the intense preparation that is required and exploring the motivations of many of those involved. The series premieres on April 5, and will air on Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET/PT.
The series showcases the rigorous aspects of pageant life, including some of the intense preparation that is required. From hair and nail appointments, to finishing touches on gowns and suits, to numerous coaching sessions or rehearsals, each child preps exhaustively for each performance.
Each week, the audience will see the drama increase and unfold as pageant day grows near, and will meet some of these extremely competitive moms and dads as they work feverishly to prove that their child deserves to win.
Related story: "Angola's Leila Lopes Reigns at Miss Universe Pageant (VIDEO)"
Part of Discovery Communications, the Spanish-language network Discovery Familia is dedicated to the Hispanic mom and her kids, her home and her well-being.
With programming targeted to children age 2-6, the network's daily Discovery Kids block provides a safe, entertaining and curriculum-based co-viewing experience that helps preschoolers get ready for the real world. Each night, Discovery Familia covers topics ranging from cooking and home improvement, to parenting and relationships, to beauty and health.
PR Newswire contributed to this story.
Most Popular Stories
- Study: Recessions Can Postpone Motherhood Forever
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Short-changed in Texas
- China Approves iPhone 6 After Security Assurances
- U.S. Home Prices Rose at Slowest Pace in 20 Months
- Meet the YouTube Tech Review Sensation
- Who Is Daniel Ivascyn?
- Hispanics Carry Big Clout: Census
- Netflix Eyes Hollywood With Feature Film
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift