Matt Weiner, the creator of the TV drama "Mad Men," is getting the chance to direct his first movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter Wednesday.
The film, titled "You Are Here," will shift Weiner from the glamorous lives of advertising executives in the swinging sixties to the mundane life of a TV weatherman who is compelled to get his life in order after his best friend and constant companion gets diverted by a new job.
The cachet of creating one of the most acclaimed shows on television helped Weiner assemble an all-star cast for the film, which he has been working on since long before he began writing Mad Men.
The two central characters will be played by Midnight in Paris star Owen Wilson and The Hangover comedian Zach Galifiniakis with Amy Poehler in talks for a supporting role.
"This movie has been my passion for eight years and to see it come together with Owen and Zach and Amy is a dream come true," said Weiner. "I can't wait to get started because the movie is about everything I care about and I'm tired of reading it out loud to my friends."
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change