Two people's lives changed on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla. -- Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman. One is dead and one will live in fear for the rest of his.
Zimmerman, 28, shot 17-year-old Martin while he was walking to the home of his father's girlfriend. Zimmerman, a community watch captain, followed Martin after calling the Sanford Police Department, saying he witnessed what he described as suspicious behavior. Soon afterward, he fatally shot Martin, who was unarmed.
The world has gotten involved in protests, confused as to why Zimmerman was not arrested after shooting Martin.
Today, on Twitter, Zimmerman's name is a trending topic.
Zimmerman and his family have gone into hiding amid reports of death threats. The latest, according to the Orlando Sentinel, a $10,000 reward for Zimmerman's capture by the fringe group New Black Panther Party, reports the Miami Herald.com.
The top post on Twitter regarding Zimmerman states his address.
George W. Zimmerman's address has been retweeted 4,477 times so far, with the words: "y'all know what to do.. Retweet this. He gone learn today."
According to Time Magazine, Chief Bill Lee, who has temporarily stepped down from his position, has said his department did not have evidence that the shooting was not in self-defense. Special Prosecutor Angela Corey is determining whether to arrest Zimmerman, drop the case or send it to a grand jury that is set to convene on April 10.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable