Chipotle Mexican Grill (NYSE: CMG) is offering customers a free burrito or other menu item for Earth Day if they purchase a Chipotle-branded repurposed billboard bag from Chipotle's online store, between now and April 14. The proceeds of the purchase go to the Chipotle Cultivate Foundation, and not only does the consumer get a green, eco-friendly lunch bag, but a little something to go in it on April 22 (Earth Day).
Interested customers should go to store.chipotle.com to purchase the lunch bags, which are made from a process called "upcycling." The bags are actually "upcycled" from Chipotle's outdoor billboard adverts; bags purchased online will have "an eco-friendly card with a unique barcode that a customer can redeem for a free menu item on Earth Day." Customers must purchase their bag between Monday, March 26 and Saturday, April 14, 2012, in order to receive it in time for Earth Day.
Chipotle was established in 1993 and has grown to more than 1,200 restaurants.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women