Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast has welcomed the
new U.N. Security Council's statement on Syria and stated that the
Islamic Republic of Iran supports any plan, which will not violate
sovereignty of Syria, IRNA reported on March 22.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran supports any plan, which will fulfil demands of the Syrian nation, support the process of reforms announced by the president and state officials and establish peace and security in that country providing ground for a national dialogue between the various Syrian sides," IRNA quoted Mehmanparast as saying.
The spokesman also stressed on resolving the current situation in Syria via political means and urged against any hasty decisions and interference [by foreigners] in the country's internal affairs, IRNA said.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth