Foreign Ministry Spokesman Ramin Mehmanparast has welcomed the
new U.N. Security Council's statement on Syria and stated that the
Islamic Republic of Iran supports any plan, which will not violate
sovereignty of Syria, IRNA reported on March 22.
"The Islamic Republic of Iran supports any plan, which will fulfil demands of the Syrian nation, support the process of reforms announced by the president and state officials and establish peace and security in that country providing ground for a national dialogue between the various Syrian sides," IRNA quoted Mehmanparast as saying.
The spokesman also stressed on resolving the current situation in Syria via political means and urged against any hasty decisions and interference [by foreigners] in the country's internal affairs, IRNA said.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets