HispanicBusiness.com confirmed with his PR agency that Julio Gonzalez Estrada, otherwise known the founder of Don Julio Tequila, died yesterday at his home in Atotonilco, Guadalajara, Jalisco. He was 87 years old.
Currently distributed by Diageo, Don Julio Tequila has come to be lauded for quality worldwide. Don Julio began crafting tequila in 1942, when he was just 17, and established his own distillery called La Primavera. According to Diageo literature, Don Julio revolutionized "reposado" style tequila production in Mexico.
In 1985, Don Julio's sons commemorated his 60th birthday by creating a tequila in his name, and thus was born Don Julio, the tequila. Recently, the company honored its founder with an innovative tequila known as Don Julio 70, which through special filtering of aged tequila attempts to synthesize the best of blanco and anejo tequilas. The process was designed by Don Julio's modern-day tequila master, Enrique de Colsa.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women