HispanicBusiness.com confirmed with his PR agency that Julio Gonzalez Estrada, otherwise known the founder of Don Julio Tequila, died yesterday at his home in Atotonilco, Guadalajara, Jalisco. He was 87 years old.
Currently distributed by Diageo, Don Julio Tequila has come to be lauded for quality worldwide. Don Julio began crafting tequila in 1942, when he was just 17, and established his own distillery called La Primavera. According to Diageo literature, Don Julio revolutionized "reposado" style tequila production in Mexico.
In 1985, Don Julio's sons commemorated his 60th birthday by creating a tequila in his name, and thus was born Don Julio, the tequila. Recently, the company honored its founder with an innovative tequila known as Don Julio 70, which through special filtering of aged tequila attempts to synthesize the best of blanco and anejo tequilas. The process was designed by Don Julio's modern-day tequila master, Enrique de Colsa.
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana