With the much-awaited film "The Hunger Games" opening March 23 in movie theaters nationwide, beauty products retail giants such as Ulta Beauty and Sally Beauty Supply are cashing in on the global pop culture craze by carrying the official "Hunger Games" nail polish by China Glaze: The Capitol Colours Collection.
The collection is named after the Capitol in the fictional nation of Panem, the setting of the bestselling young adult trilogy by Suzanne Collins, the first novel of which was adapted for the upcoming movie.
The 12 colors in the collection are inspired by the "Districts" in Panem. For example, the nail color Luxe and Lush, which has a clear base with flecks of gold, corresponds to District 1, known for luxury. Stone Cold, which looks like gray granite, corresponds to District 2, known for masonry.
The price of each bottle varies from $6 to $7, depending on the retailer.
The nail polish collection is a partnership between Los Angeles-based nail products company China Glaze and Lionsgate, the studio releasing the film. Back in November, the parent company of China Glaze, American International Industries, filed a $10 million lawsuit against Lionsgate over the agreement to produce a "Hunger Games" nail polish collection, according to The Hollywood Reporter. About a month later, China Glaze unveiled the colors of the collection.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women