PRISA Digital Americas has celebrated the first year of operations in the U.S., according to a news release. The media company is part of the Spanish media conglomerate Promotora de Informaciones S.A (PRISA), which creates and distributes digital content in Spanish and Portuguese.
PRISA properties reach more than 15 million unique users per month in the region, according to the release. The company's properties include websites ElPais.com, As.com and Meristation.com, and radio stations in the U.S., Latin America and Portugal.
"2011 has been a year of challenges we have successfully overcome," Alvaro Palacios, vice president, sales and operations for the Americas, said in a statement. "We've focused on positioning our offering across Latin America and the U.S. Hispanic market with an approach that integrates all of PRISA's properties."
The company plans to roll out new features and services this year, he added.
During 2011, PRISA Digital Americas closed agreements with Grupo Notmusa for online sales of the editions of TVNotas, Record, Veintitantos, 15 a 20 and H Extremo USA, and the Portuguese newspaper AcheiUSA, according to the release.
New PRISA Digital Americas editorial projects will include election coverage, while its entertainment content will include Alta Confidelidad, which lays open the history and secrets of some of today's top Hispanic musicians.
Related story: Verizon FiOS TV Launches 'Cine Estelar' Spanish Movie Channel for US Hispanics
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation