The Minus 5 Ice Bar is as cold as its name would imply, but visitors to the establishment can get a free fur coat rental by checking into three venues at Mandalay Bay on Foursquare.
Mandalay Bay is the latest resort to offer deals for multiple check-ins on the location-based social network. The Mirage and New York-New York also have rolled out Foursquare badges during the past week.
Circus Circus, Luxor and MGM Grand are finalizing agreements with Foursquare for their own badges, said Nick Mattera, social media manager for MGM Resorts International.
"These badges are like trophies for Foursquare users," Mattera said.
Besides free stuff and discounts, Foursquare users also can post and read reviews and tips from people who have previously checked in and share their own check-ins on Facebook, Twitter and other social networks.
"With 15 million Foursquare users, that's a group we'd like to connect with our properties," Mattera said.
The fur coat upgrade at Minus 5 is a $20 value and comes by checking intothree venues in two days at Mandalay Bay. You're going to need the coat. Everything's made of ice.
The Mirage badge gives those who check into three of its venues free admission and drinks at King Ink Tattoo Studio and Bar Room.
Similar check-ins at New York-New York, earn unlimited free admission to one of three nightspots.
Just show the badge on your phone at the door.
When the Luxor gets its badge, just one check-in there will yield 2-for-1 drinks at the Liquidity nightclub.
The Cosmopolitan and Monte Carlo were the first to offer badges in December.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'