United Airlines has renewed its partnership with the National Association of Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ), the airline announced today. United will be the official airline of special events for the organization in 2012.
"United is proud to continue its support of the NAHJ," said John Slater, United's vice president of sales - Americas. "We applaud the NAHJ's dedication to the recognition and professional advancement of Hispanics in the news industry and are pleased to facilitate the organization's events around the country."
The United-NAHJ partnership includes support for seven events: the 2012 NAHJ Hall of Fame Gala during the UNITY Convention, August 1-4, in Las Vegas - the nation's largest gathering of minority journalists; the NAHJ 23rd Annual Scholarship Benefit in the fall; and five NAHJ regional events to take place in Albuquerque, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Washington, D.C.
"We are grateful to United for its generous support of NAHJ at a time when news coverage of the growing Latino community has never been more crucial," said Michele Salcedo, NAHJ president. "Although many companies are rethinking their commitment to diversity, United has chosen to continue our longstanding relationship that began with Continental Airlines. We not only thank them, we applaud them."
Continental began its support of the NAHJ in 2005.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low