Television has crossed the social media border with the launch of SOI TV, the first and only 100 percent social TV for Hispanics, according to a news release.
SOI TV offers an innovative platform that allows Hispanic viewers to express and share their opinions about news and trending topics that are most important to them.
The channel broadcasts to 3.3 million Hispanic households across the U.S. through a platform that lets users to interact in real time with its on-air programming. Through virtual polls and social media feeds, Hispanics in 15 U.S. cities will have a voice at SOI, regardless of immigration status, according to the release.
Related story: "Laura Termini: Natural, Organic & Latina"
SOI, which stands for Sistema de Opinion Interactiva (Interactive Opinion System), was created to provide the burgeoning, opinionated and outspoken Latino population with a pioneering and unique media platform that is driven by the power of their voice, according to the release.
"The Latino voice in the United States has become more important than ever and it needs to be heard loud and clear," said Julian Isaac, CEO of SOI TV.
"By combining the Latino population's propensity for technology and social media consumption with the medium of television, we have created the ideal media platform where Hispanic opinion becomes the reigning force behind the news," he added.
Related story: "7 Reasons To Attend Multicultural Media Forum"
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women