In the anticipation of his MTV Unplugged album, Juanes is scheduled for multiple appearances this week at SXSW.
"Juanes MTV Unplugged" will be released globally on May 29. The Colombian singer will headline a concert, be featured in a Q&A session, and will honor Woody Guthrie at a special tribute directly preceding Bruce Springsteen's SXSW keynote address.
Related story: "Juanes' Unplugged Single 'La Señal' Is Out March 6: Listen to a Preview"
According to his record label, Universal Music Latino, Juanes will perform in the Woody Guthrie Tribute on Thursday, March 15 at 11 a.m. in the Austin Convention Center. The next day, Juanes will discuss the creative process behind MTV Unplugged Album during a Q&A interview session, which will be moderated by Springsteen biographer Dave Marsh. The Q&A will be on Friday, March 16 at 12:30 p.m., again, at the Austin Convention Center.
He is also scheduled to appear at a rare showcase appearance on Friday, March 16 at 11:30 p.m. in ACL Live at The Moody Theater.
Related story: "Univision Radio to Debut Bilingual, Bicultural H2O Music Festival This Summer"
The first single off his highly anticipated MTV Unplugged album is "La Señal," which climbed to the No. 1 spot in iTunes sales charts across Latin America.
"Juanes MTV Unplugged" will have its TV premiere on Sunday, May 27 on MTV Latin America, and Monday, May 28 on Tr3s: MTV, Música y Más in the United States.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable