An audience of 300-plus executives is expected to gather for the 12th annual Multicultural Media Forum in New York on March 21.
The event, presented by Horowitz Associates Market and Multicultural Research at the Marriott Marquis, is being billed as "a not-to-be-missed event for executives in the multicultural and Hispanic programming, marketing/advertising, and business-development space."
This year's theme is the Power of Community, and will examine the role of media, technology and marketing in unleashing the power of different types of communities, according to a release. These communities include ethnic, virtual, local and global groups of people.
Related story: "MicroTech Launches Advanced Social Media Solution for Business"
7 reasons to attend
1. Learn how to reach the new general market. Diversity initiatives are more than a social mission -- they are a business prerogative and a competitive advantage. Executives from Comcast, Viacom, ESPN, MGM Latino, Latin Media and other media outfits will discuss how to target multicultural campaigns.
2. Get brand-new data on multicultural audiences. Adriana Waterston, vice president of marketing and business development, Horowitz Associates, will present new data on traditional and new media platforms in multicultural households.
3. Telemundo's commitment to developing compelling content for national and local audiences. Telemundo Station Group President Manuel Abud will discuss the network's strategy to empower Lationo communities and strengthen Telemundo's ties to the community.
4. Programming showcase. Networks will show off new, innovative programming for America's diverse audiences.
5. Meet, greet and network. The media forum offers the chance to mingle with key executives from the pay TV industry, programmers, advertisers and agencies. Plus, this year's agenda was extended by popular demand to include lunch.
6. Beatriz Luengo. Sony Music Latin artist Luengo will give a special musical performance.
7. A trip to Paris. One lucky attendee will win a trip to France courtesy of TV5 Monde.
To register, visit www.multiculturalforum.com.
Related story: "Get Creative To Attract Hispanic Talent, Expert Tells Conference"
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women