And they're off.
Justin Bieber fans are on their way to set a Guinness World Record for the teen hearthrob's 18th birthday. The goal is to send the most social media messages in 24 hours.
What better gift can you give someone who has everything?
Today, Justin Bieber is officially legal.
Currently, "#HappyBirthdayKidrauhl" is trending on Twitter. Kidrauhl is one of Bieber's many nickname.
The singer currently is on Twitter, retweeting, following and replying to his fans. Bieber has more than 17 million followers, coming second to Lady Gaga, who has more than 18 million.
Fans set up the website, www.happybirthdayjustinbieber.com, equipped with a counter, logging all of the social media mentions of Bieber's birthday.
In response to fan's photos, and words that said, "Why do you have to turn 18?, Bieber wrote: "...all good. u guys are growing up with me. just getting started together."
Evidently, Ellen Degeneres and Bieber have something planned as well, but so far, this morning the only hints we have are:
From @justinbieber: "and I promise you... watch @TheEllenShow tomorrow. She and all of you are amazing. Cant believe im almost 18. #PARTYTIME"
And @TheEllenShow posted this photo, plus, said "He was here. And you can see the presents I gave him on his birthday tomorrow."
And here's the video that started it all, upladed by Bieber's parents on Feb. 19, 2008. Bieber performing Justin Timberlake's "Cry Me a River":
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season