Israeli aircraft bombed two targets in the
southern Gaza Strip overnight, the military said Sunday.
A smuggling tunnel in the town of Rafah, on the border with Egypt, and a building where Israel says militants manufacture weapons were destroyed.
The strikes came in response to rockets fired at southern Israel over the weekend, an army statement said. It said Palestinian militants fired more than 50 rockets and mortar shells at Israel over the past two months.
No immediate injuries were reported.
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws