TORRANCE, Calif., Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- American Honda Motor Co., Inc., announced today that the 2012 Honda Odyssey has received the 2012 MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Award for Best Minivan. This is the sixth time the Odyssey has garnered the Drivers' Choice Award from MotorWeek, with Honda's benchmark minivan having won the award in back-to-back years in 1999/2000, 2005/2006 and now 2011/2012.
Designed and built(1) in the United States, the eight-passenger Odyssey features the highest EPA(2) highway fuel economy rating for an eight-passenger minivan of 28 mpg for Odyssey Touring. It has also earned the best possible safety ratings from both NHTSA (5-Star Overall Vehicle Score) and the IIHS (TOP SAFETY PICK), an achievement that no other currently-tested minivan can match.
"Beyond great packaging, class-leading fuel economy, unparalleled safety ratings and cutting-edge family-friendly features, the Odyssey was designed to be fun to drive." said Michael Accavitti, VP of marketing operations for American Honda. "Being honored with a Motorweek Driver's Choice Award for a second consecutive year confirms that the Odyssey remains the best minivan choice for those who truly enjoy driving."
Presented annually since 1983, the MotorWeek Drivers' Choice Award has been awarded 29 times to Honda vehicles. The winner of two Emmy awards, MotorWeek is television's longest running and most respected automotive series. Produced by Maryland Public Television, MotorWeek airs on 89 percent of PBS stations nationwide, and can also be seen on Discovery's Velocity and the V-me Spanish-language network.
Connect with Honda: Honda Media Newsroom (for journalists): www.hondanews.comHonda (for consumers): http://automobiles.honda.com/odyssey/ Honda on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hondaodyssey Honda on YouTube: www.youtube.com/hondaHonda on Flickr: www.flickr.com/hondanewsHonda on Twitter: www.twitter.com/honda Honda on Google+
(1) Honda products are produced using domestic and globally sourced parts.
(2)( )Based on 2012 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle. Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100923/HONDALOGOhttp://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20120209/LA50928AP PhotoExpress Network: PRN21PRN Photo Desk, email@example.comAmerican Honda Motor Co., Inc.
Web site: http://www.honda.com/
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- Daily Trivia Byte
- Joshua Radin loves to sing about love