Actor and Oklahoma native Gary Busey filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy in California this week and indicated on the legal forms he has less than $50,000 in assets and between $500,000 and $1 million in debts, according to TMZ.com.
Busey also noted, according to the entertainment website, that "he might owe money to a woman named Carla Loeffler, who sued Busey for allegedly attacking her at a Tulsa airport back in May."
Busey was in Tulsa last May as a celebrity guest for the Tulsa Charity Fight Night event.
The actor has not returned the website's calls for comment.
Busey, who recently was on "Celebrity Apprentice," also was spotted by a TMZ photographer singing and dancing behind the open trunk of his car in Malibu, Calif., on Tuesday.
Asked what was up, Busey replied, "I'm dancing to one of my favorite songs, one of my favorites by Orleans, 'You're Still the One,' " he said while busting a few moves. "And, it's a different way to push the car."
In the video, he is joined by his girlfriend actress Steffanie Sampson, who explains Busey was dancing for their nearly 2-year-old son Luke who was in a car seat inside the car.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say