Adele responded to designer Karl Lagerfeld's recent "fat" comment with class and style.
Earlier this week, Karl Lagerfeld, the creative director of Chanel made this insulting comment:
"The thing at the moment is Adele," he told a Paris magazine. "She is a little too fat, but she has a beautiful face and a divine voice."
Related Story: "Adele: The Savior of Pop Music"
The 78-year-old's comments have not gone over well and people are showing their support for Adele.
"I've never wanted to look like models on the cover of magazines," she told People.com. "I represent the majority of women and I'm very proud of that."
Adele is featured on the new cover of People magazone.
What is it with designers thinking they can say anything and get away with it?
Former Dior creative director John Galliano was fired from his post for spewing an anti-Semitic rant and racist comments, on multiple occassions.
Galliano also had a post on his blog where he was quoted as saying, "I love Hitler," according to the New York Times.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women