Tom Brady is taking plenty of heat in the aftermath of Super Bowl XLVI, but the supermodel wife of the New England quarterback says the blame for the Patriots' 21-17 loss to the New York Giants belongs elsewhere.
According to multiple reports (and video captured by Insider.com), Gisele Bundchen defended her husband after being heckled by Giants fans while leaving Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis late Sunday night. According to Insider.com, Bundchen turned to a friend and said, "You have to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball. My husband can not (bleeping) throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times."
Patriots receivers Wes Welker and Aaron Hernandez had notable drops during the game. Brady completed 27 of 41 attempts for 276 yards, two touchdowns and one interception.
And if Bears quarterback Jay Cutler ever finds himself in the Super Bowl, he can count on the same kind of support from his fiance Kristin Cavallari, who tweeted Monday: "Kind of loving how Gisele stuck up for her man."
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Naya Rivera and Ryan Dorsey Are Married
- Menendez: No Arms for Iraq Without Intel