Goya Foods, America's largest Hispanic food company, today announced a new annual nationwide Culinary Arts and Food Sciences Scholarship Program offered to four students entering their freshman year of college to obtain their first undergraduate degree in culinary arts and/or food sciences.
Administered by the Hispanic Scholarship Fund, the nation's largest leading Hispanic scholarship organization, Goya's Culinary Arts and Food Sciences Scholarship is available on a competitive basis to students entering a four-year institution as freshmen who are Culinary Arts and/or Food Sciences majors.
Scholarships are in the amount of $5,000 awarded per academic year starting in 2012-2013 and are renewable for up to three additional years (2013-2014 through 2015-2016), provided the student remains eligible to receive funding.
"As the leader in Latin American food, our new Culinary Arts and Food Sciences Scholarship Program is one of our educational pillars and part of our mission to celebrate, nurture and preserve Goya's diverse culinary heritage and future," Peter Unanue, executive vice president of Goya Foods, said. "(We) wanted to establish a scholarship that would give students the opportunity to pursue their passion in the culinary arts and food sciences industries."
Applicants of the Goya Culinary Arts and Food Sciences Scholarship will be selected based on the standard requirements established by Goya and HSF, including academic achievement, leadership and financial need, as well as an evaluation of an essay explaining how Goya has enriched their family traditions.
For more information and to apply, please log onto www.goya.com. Applications are due no later than March 31, 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits
- Comcast Takes a Stake in a YouTube Content Provider
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Is Stock Balloon Really a Pinata?
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Google Wants to Share PRISM Information
- Katy Perry: Learned About Divorce Via Text Message
- Boeing to Build Stretch-Dreamliners