Actress America Ferrera will be the guest speaker at the second El Paso Children's Hospital Gala at 6 p.m. March 2 at the El Paso convention center.
Ferrera, who is married to El Pasoan Ryan Piers Williams, has appeared in such films as "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and "Lords of Dogtown."
She had the starring role in the hit ABC series "Ugly Betty" in 2006. The role of Betty Suarez on the show earned Ferrera an Emmy, a Golden Globe, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Her performance in the film "Real Women Have Curves" earned her a Sundance Jury Award for Best Actress, an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Debut Performance, and a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Performance for a Leading Young Actress.
Proceeds from the event benefit sick and injured children at El Paso Children's Hospital. Tickets will cost $150.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Baucus May Be Next China Ambassador