Actress America Ferrera will be the guest speaker at the second El Paso Children's Hospital Gala at 6 p.m. March 2 at the El Paso convention center.
Ferrera, who is married to El Pasoan Ryan Piers Williams, has appeared in such films as "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" and "Lords of Dogtown."
She had the starring role in the hit ABC series "Ugly Betty" in 2006. The role of Betty Suarez on the show earned Ferrera an Emmy, a Golden Globe, and a Screen Actors Guild Award. Her performance in the film "Real Women Have Curves" earned her a Sundance Jury Award for Best Actress, an Independent Spirit Award nomination for Best Debut Performance, and a Young Artist Award nomination for Best Performance for a Leading Young Actress.
Proceeds from the event benefit sick and injured children at El Paso Children's Hospital. Tickets will cost $150.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Apple Said to Duck Billions in Taxes
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach