1. Although "The Artist" was the big winner at the Academy Awards ceremony Sunday night, Meryl Streep won Best Actress for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady." Streep, who has 17 Oscar nominations, last won an Oscar for what movie in what year?
A. 1995 for "The Bridges of Madison County"
B. 1985 for "Out of Africa"
C. 1982 for "Sophie's Choice"
D. 1979 for "Kramer vs. Kramer"
2. Billionaire investor Warren Buffett announced over the weekend that an eventual replacement has been chosen to succeed him as CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. When did Buffett become CEO of the company?
3. In the Western Conference All Stars' 152-149 win Sunday night, Kobe Bryant passed three NBA legends to become the All Star Game's all-time leading scorer. What fellow Laker great did Bryant pass on his march toward history?
A. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
B. Magic Johnson
C. Elgin Baylor
D. Shaquille O'Neal
4. Labor union members and Democrats have submitted 1 million signatures to force a recall election of Scott Walker, the governor of what U.S. state?
5. Politician Kevin Rudd failed to take back the prime minister seat Monday from incumbent Julia Gillard in which country?
A. New Zealand
D. South Africa
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women