1. Although "The Artist" was the big winner at the Academy Awards ceremony Sunday night, Meryl Streep won Best Actress for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady." Streep, who has 17 Oscar nominations, last won an Oscar for what movie in what year?
A. 1995 for "The Bridges of Madison County"
B. 1985 for "Out of Africa"
C. 1982 for "Sophie's Choice"
D. 1979 for "Kramer vs. Kramer"
2. Billionaire investor Warren Buffett announced over the weekend that an eventual replacement has been chosen to succeed him as CEO of Berkshire Hathaway. When did Buffett become CEO of the company?
3. In the Western Conference All Stars' 152-149 win Sunday night, Kobe Bryant passed three NBA legends to become the All Star Game's all-time leading scorer. What fellow Laker great did Bryant pass on his march toward history?
A. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
B. Magic Johnson
C. Elgin Baylor
D. Shaquille O'Neal
4. Labor union members and Democrats have submitted 1 million signatures to force a recall election of Scott Walker, the governor of what U.S. state?
5. Politician Kevin Rudd failed to take back the prime minister seat Monday from incumbent Julia Gillard in which country?
A. New Zealand
D. South Africa
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Kanye, Kardashians and Other Kooks: A Wacky, Tacky, Entertaining Year
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.