Fans know never to cross Chuck Norris . . . but crossing a bridge called "Chuck Norris" is probably okay.
Chuck Norris, martial artist star of television, movies, and one of the most popular Internet memes of the past few years, may soon have a bridge in Slovakia named after him.
Reuters reports that Slovaks are voting in an Internet poll that will inform the naming of a new pedestrian and cycling bridge spanning the Morava river and crossing the border to Austria. "Chuck Norris" is proving to be the most popular name for the bridge, whose name will ultimately be decided by a regional assembly. Reuters reports that a local government official has indicated that the wishes of the people in the Internet ballot would be heeded. At the time of the article's publication, "Chuck Norris" had about 74% of the vote.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women