Fans know never to cross Chuck Norris . . . but crossing a bridge called "Chuck Norris" is probably okay.
Chuck Norris, martial artist star of television, movies, and one of the most popular Internet memes of the past few years, may soon have a bridge in Slovakia named after him.
Reuters reports that Slovaks are voting in an Internet poll that will inform the naming of a new pedestrian and cycling bridge spanning the Morava river and crossing the border to Austria. "Chuck Norris" is proving to be the most popular name for the bridge, whose name will ultimately be decided by a regional assembly. Reuters reports that a local government official has indicated that the wishes of the people in the Internet ballot would be heeded. At the time of the article's publication, "Chuck Norris" had about 74% of the vote.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida