Tomorrow, Feb. 28, marks the seventh consecutive year that IHOP restaurants nationwide will offer each guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes for National Pancake Day. However, this is not your typical free food promo. Rather, the free pancake offer at IHOP is an awareness-raising event during which the restaurant is asking patrons to donate funds to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in exchange for the free pancakes.
Since 2006, IHOP has raised nearly $8 million to support charities through National Pancake Day events, and given away about 14 million pancakes. Last year, the event raised $2.5 million.
The free pancakes and opportunity to contribute to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals runs from 7 a.m.-10 p.m., giving patrons a full 15 hours to participate.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women