Tomorrow, Feb. 28, marks the seventh consecutive year that IHOP restaurants nationwide will offer each guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes for National Pancake Day. However, this is not your typical free food promo. Rather, the free pancake offer at IHOP is an awareness-raising event during which the restaurant is asking patrons to donate funds to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in exchange for the free pancakes.
Since 2006, IHOP has raised nearly $8 million to support charities through National Pancake Day events, and given away about 14 million pancakes. Last year, the event raised $2.5 million.
The free pancakes and opportunity to contribute to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals runs from 7 a.m.-10 p.m., giving patrons a full 15 hours to participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian