Tomorrow, Feb. 28, marks the seventh consecutive year that IHOP restaurants nationwide will offer each guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes for National Pancake Day. However, this is not your typical free food promo. Rather, the free pancake offer at IHOP is an awareness-raising event during which the restaurant is asking patrons to donate funds to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in exchange for the free pancakes.
Since 2006, IHOP has raised nearly $8 million to support charities through National Pancake Day events, and given away about 14 million pancakes. Last year, the event raised $2.5 million.
The free pancakes and opportunity to contribute to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals runs from 7 a.m.-10 p.m., giving patrons a full 15 hours to participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing