Tomorrow, Feb. 28, marks the seventh consecutive year that IHOP restaurants nationwide will offer each guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes for National Pancake Day. However, this is not your typical free food promo. Rather, the free pancake offer at IHOP is an awareness-raising event during which the restaurant is asking patrons to donate funds to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in exchange for the free pancakes.
Since 2006, IHOP has raised nearly $8 million to support charities through National Pancake Day events, and given away about 14 million pancakes. Last year, the event raised $2.5 million.
The free pancakes and opportunity to contribute to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals runs from 7 a.m.-10 p.m., giving patrons a full 15 hours to participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU