Tomorrow, Feb. 28, marks the seventh consecutive year that IHOP restaurants nationwide will offer each guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes for National Pancake Day. However, this is not your typical free food promo. Rather, the free pancake offer at IHOP is an awareness-raising event during which the restaurant is asking patrons to donate funds to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals in exchange for the free pancakes.
Since 2006, IHOP has raised nearly $8 million to support charities through National Pancake Day events, and given away about 14 million pancakes. Last year, the event raised $2.5 million.
The free pancakes and opportunity to contribute to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals runs from 7 a.m.-10 p.m., giving patrons a full 15 hours to participate.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think